LSC wants to thank everyone for the kind thoughts and emails we have received during this crisis. We hope that everyone is and remains safe, and extend our best to each and every library across Canada. We’re here to help in whichever ways we can. We’re all in this together.
We are aware that your needs and status are constantly shifting during this time. While LSC’s warehouse is closed to comply with the Ontario Government closure of non-essential work places, we have ensured staff are available to meet your needs remotely.
Please reach out to the following immediate contacts:
Fran Quinn, Customer Service Representative
Customer Service and general enquiries
Angela Stuebing, ARP Coordinator
ARP and Selection Services requests
Trish Hayes, VP of Marketing
Marketing, Cataloguing, general enquiries
Michael Clark, Sales and Marketing Representative
Sales and Marketing, general enquiries
Services available during warehouse closure:
LSC.on.ca is fully operational. Carts can be built, orders can be placed, on-order MARCs can be downloaded, and reports can be generated.
Publishers continue to send us new title information, which is reflected in the database. This includes any changes made to publication dates. Due to pre-pub and ARP ordering, most summer and many fall titles may have already been included in orders.
Titles not in the database can still be requested via the L1 function on the website to ensure titles not provided by our publishers will still be ordered.
ARPs continue to be maintained. If there are any changes your library needs to make to their profiles, please contact us, and we will make any adjustment necessary.
If there are any custom selection tools that your library wants, please let us know. As before, LSC is focused on making things as easy for you as we can.
Special notes concerning some services:
- Release dates have been postponed or delayed for AV materials. We will provide selection tools for these materials when physical release dates are confirmed.
- If the physical closure of library branches has caused shifts in your physical materials budgets. LSC will make any changes a library wants to their orders. Please feel free to contact us and make adjustments to fit your changing needs.
- LSC will be sending the second installment Fixed Price Processing Plan invoices on schedule from May 1st. However, we are extending the period for volume adjustments to August 1st, as we understand that actual unit volumes for 2020 may have been impacted. We will make any adjustments to final billing / credits as needed. Please let us know.
For the immediate future:
- LSC will be reaching out to libraries individually to help us understand what your timelines and priorities are.
- LSC will ensure that we communicate our own timelines to our clients as the situation develops.
- LSC will work with libraries who have requests for how they want to structure their receiving of materials (ex. best sellers above all else; shipping delays after packaging for in-box quarantine; increased shipments; etc.)
- Once we have a picture of what will be needed when libraries reopen, LSC will develop an internal plan to make it happen.
- Reducing touch points on materials is likely to be a concern when libraries reopen. Box-to-shelf for new material would be the straightest line to that end. Any library that wants to add processing or cataloguing options to their profile to achieve that is encouraged to let LSC know.
We’ll speak to you soon.